Beginner Spanish for EC Educators: Adding Spanish songs & dialogue to your English speaking classrooms
Engaging, meaningful, & interactive Spanish lessons for ECE. Just 1 click/week. Each lesson is short, sweet & useful!
Welcome to this unique Spanish course for early childhood educators!
DESCRIPTION of course
In this course, you will learn:
- Various catchy Spanish songs & chants that can be used in the ECE classroom, from clean up time to nap time
- Short and engaging dialog to use during snack time
- Fun catchy songs to use during calendar time
- New & exciting transition techniques that will help with classroom management and make students excited about what is next, all in Spanish
- New content that is meaningful to you (yes, requests are welcome)
- And, learn how you can make your lessons engaging, interactive, & fun yet meaningful in Spanish!
This training will include remote digital learning sessions through an online learning platform, where you will get the chance to learn and practice a few basic, ECE-focused words and phrases in Spanish, so you can start to apply these ideas immediately with the children and families that you work with, and practice over the course of the class.
What more information?
This hybrid course will consist of:
- Total of 3 clock hours of training
- Two 1.5 hours of face-to-face workshops:
- The first 1.5 hr workshop will be on March 19th and from 6:15 pm – 7:45 pm
- The second 1.5 hr workshop will be on April 16th and from 6:15 pm – 7:45 pm
- In between both workshops, you will have to complete all weekly videos (required) ~ read below for more information
- Watch four 12-15 minute videos accessible on a weekly basis (can be watched at any time of the week!)
- First video available on 3/20/2020
- Second video, available on 3/27/2020
- Third video available on 4/3/2020
- Fourth video available on 4/10/2020
- You will receive a notification via email when each online Spanish lesson is available
- You have one week to complete each online lesson. This includes (1) watching the video, (2) study the shared material, (3) and take a short fun quiz
- All of the above is done on your own... Whenever, wherever!
Join our NEW online-community!
Become part of a new interactive online community. This group is exclusively for the educators who believe in the power of multicultural and multilingual awareness/acceptance in their classroom and are interested in being part of a supportive & accepting community.
This forum will be used for us to communicate with each other openly. Through this platform, members will share information regarding our concerns, goals, and ideas that could improve our classroom and, most importantly, our students' lives and education. Join us now!
So, if you are an educator who wishes to learn Spanish with Ms Denise... Sign up today! You must create an account through EC Connect to register.
Frequently Asked Questions
I am a devoted mother of two and a passionate educator and entrepreneur who specializes in early childhood and elementary foreign language education. Most importantly, I just love what I do. Being an early childhood foreign language instructor and a business owner is one of the most rewarding things I have ever done, other than being a mother… luckily for me, I happen to be both!
I was born in Chile and moved to the United States during my senior year of High School. I attended Bradley University and focused my studies on early childhood education, cognitive and social psychology, child brain development, and art.
I realized that by combining my love for nurturing children with my passion for learning about new cultures, I could reach students in a way that went above and beyond ordinary language learning.
For the last 16 years I have owned, directed, and taught at Lingua Garden where I offer foreign language lessons nationwide (online classes and local families in Boulder, CO) to children and adults. I have dedicated my time to teaching Spanish & French, creating new and exciting foreign language curricula, training new teachers, developing foreign language educational software, and most importantly, spending quality time with my family.
Currently, professionally, I devote my time to develop engaging curriculum, teach online lessons to children from all over the country, teach local private/small group lessons, lead and facilitate conferences, workshops, & training for early childhood educators, nursing students and homeschooling families nationwide. When I am not working, I enjoy spending quality time with my husband & kids who are being raised bilingual and multicultural.